Sunday 22 December 2013
0 comments

Tutor for Classics, History and English - Wandsworth, London

08:30
Call Tom Spencer on 07885758652

I can help your child achieve! I have recently completed a PGCE in Classics at King's University. I have worked at Dulwich College and Wallington County Grammar School and Allfarthing Primary School. I have also worked with adults teaching English as a foreign language. I have tutored Latin, Greek and English to A level. I can also help with exam preparation and classical civilisation. Learning a language can be difficult but in my lessons I seek to offer varied approaches and different activities for practice. One particularly fun activity is for children (and adults!) to write a short essay or story using words from the target language instead of English. This can help provide a context for the vocabulary.

I enjoy seeing people develop and improve and am very generous and patient. If you find essay writing difficult I can give you a clear framework for improvement and success in your exam or coursework. I enjoy history and can draw on wide resources from my years as a researcher at Bristol University to help you discover the correct line which you want to take in your essay and how to create a pleasing effect for your examiner or reader. In short, I will help you achieve the best you can in you chosen subject.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer
Top